As reported by the public relations, and MOU was signed between the SBUK, Montan University of Austria and Amin Yar Mining Company.
Montan University's Deputy of International relations, Prof. Moser along with a delegation of four visited SBUK to sign the MOU. They had also paid a visit to chromite mines of Amin Yar Mining Company the day before.
The Chancellor welcome this delegation and asked the relevant authorities to give more specialized details about the contract. Then, Prof. Moser thanked those involved and said: we always follow the SBUK's activities and it's been a year that we have entered the path of cooperation. This is the first time that we have invloved companies through the SBUK and Montan University of Austria. It has always been very important to us to have a good partner for our activities.
He also stated that Montan university has decided to provide bursaries for a number of Iranian students of engineering and asked the SBUK's chancellor to attend that meeting.
He also thanked Mr. Kalantari, as the manager of company and asked for continuance of cooperation through SBUK.
Manager of Amin Yar Mining Company, Mr. Kalantari also thanked Prof. Moser and also SBUK for choosing Amin Yar as the pilot. He described the SBUK as the bridge between industry and Montan University and asked for more cooperation in different fields of science and technology.
SBUK's Deputy of Research and Technology, Dr. Ehteshamzade also appreciated the presence of Austrian delegation and stated: we signed a cooperation agreement with Montan University about a year ago that is now turned into a tripartite agreement. The main target of this MOU is exploration, mining and processing of minerals.
Dr. Seydnezhad also said: SBUK enjoys one of the most successful departments of mining in the country and Kerman province also is so rich in mines and that makes a good ground for cooperation between the two universities.
Kerman Chamber of Commerce and State Department representative in the province also expressed their readiness for assisting the two parties.
Highlights of the MOU are as follows:
- Determining the province’s chromite deposits for funding and development planning
- Increasing the efficiency of existing chromite mines, optimizing and reducing the extraction costs
- Performing feasibility study to build a new line of ferrochrome
- Performing feasibility study and improving the processing procedures of chromite products
- Studying on how to increase the extraction of chromium from chromite ore
- Exchanging students, teachers and researchers
- Exchanging chromite geological and mineral information and experiences
- Holding joint seminars and workshops